Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2012 Collections- Sponsor News
For Immediate Release
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2012 Collections- Sponsor News
New York, NY (September 1, 2011)-Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week announced today some of the highlights event guests will receive courtesy of the Event’s Official Sponsors. Each of these sponsors will be on hand for the eight days of shows and presentations to provide hospitality services and amenities to make for a truly enjoyable experience for all guests. Outlined below is the sponsor news for the Spring 2012 Collections.
- Lights, camera, action. Two new models that never existed rule the runways this September: the SLS AMG Roadster is red-carpet ready, this season’s bold statement from the “HAUS” of Mercedes-Benz. All great things come in pairs and the two-door C63 AMG Coupe is the perfect match for any season. Both will be on display in the lobby of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
- Derek Lam receives the distinguished title of “Mercedes-Benz Presents” designer for the Spring 2012 season. The partnership brings a host of events including Fashion’s Night Out where Derek Lam and casting director James Scully, will search for the next “Crosby Girl’ at the Derek Lam store. Visitors at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week can vote for their favorite “Crosby Girl” at the C63 AMG Coupe display. The Derek Lam runway show takes place on Sunday, September 11th at 12:00pm.
- This season’s Mercedes-Benz Star Lounge is getting its new look from interior designer, Wesley Cadle. From Gladys Perint Palmer illustrations to Christian Le Croix patterns, the Star Lounge will once again offer a luxurious and chic experience during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center from September 8 – 15, 2011.
- Photographers will stampede at the sight of Jessica Stam, the Mercedes-Benz fashion ambassador, while she shares her experience working with famed photographer Terry Richardson to shoot the Mercedes-Benz International fashion key visual for Spring/Summer 2012.
- Be on the lookout for our exclusive Mercedes-Benz Fashion Ranger vehicle which will be navigating through the jungles of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week carrying out several missions with the help of Celebrity Stylist, Annabel Tollman, and other well-known fashion influencers including several notable bloggers. New York’s most fashionable will be identified by the Fashion Ranger and awarded a ride to their next destination as well as invitations to the culmination event in the Star Lounge at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
- Always in Style, DHL is returning to the runways in New York for the tenth straight season as the official logistics provider of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
- DHL's capabilities targeting the fashion sector, including fashion week events worldwide, offers full customized, integrated logistics solutions, supply chain management services and door-to-door deliveries.
- DHL’s global expertise, service excellence and international focus, which spans more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, helps customers in the fashion and apparel industry operate more efficiently and effectively.
- DHL is proud to sponsor the Elie Tahari Spring 2012 runway show on September 14th.
- American Express is proud to return for the ninth season to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, continuing to provide Cardmembers with unparalleled and unique fashion industry access. The American Express Skybox at Lincoln Center returns as an exclusive destination for where Cardmembers will get the chance to watch runway shows, meet industry notables and gain expert insights from insiders within the fashion community.
- This season, American Express is thrilled to partner with DKNY for the exclusive American Express® Cardmember-Only Show featuring the DKNY 2012 Resort Collection on September 15th at 7:30 p.m. As part of the finale to the show, Cardmembers will be treated to a special runway performance by singer/songwriter Lykke Li. In addition, host Donna Karan will be joined onstage by stylist and fashion commentator Mary Alice Stephenson to share her inspirations and vision for the collection.
- In celebration of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, American Express Cardmembers will have the opportunity to take advantage of exclusive offers through the month of September with DKNY, DVF, Tory Burch and NET-A-PORTER.com. Starting September 1st, Cardmembers can Sync any eligible American Express® Card at amexfashion.com to participate and unlock special offers on Facebook or foursquare.
Maybelline New York
- As the number one makeup brand worldwide available in 129 countries, Maybelline New York continues to be the proud Official Makeup Sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City.
- Maybelline New York, the undisputed color authority, will bring their vast beauty expertise and inspired creativity to the world’s most respected fashion platform.
- Maybelline New York’s Global Makeup Artist, Charlotte Willer, will lead the makeup teams of their sponsored designers’ shows, creating exciting looks translatable from the catwalk to the sidewalk.
- Maybelline New York will partner with a selection of heavy-hitting labels as well as unexpected indie darlings including BCBGMAXAZRIA, DKNY, Vivienne Tam, Custo Barcelona, Carlos Miele, L.A.M.B. and Bibhu Mohapatra.
- Personalized color consultations and giveaways will happen every day at Maybelline’s lounge in the lobby at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week (at pre-determined hours).
- On September 13th and 14th from 11am to 1pm, stop by Maybelline’s lounge in the lobby at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center, get snapped by our style paparazzi wearing a new Maybelline Color Sensational shade and become a Maybelline “it” girl!
- Maybelline New York will bring the excitement and energy of the runway to women everywhere by presenting live streaming fashion shows on the YouTube Live from the Runway channel.
- To get your behind-the-scenes beauty fix on all things fashion week, follow Maybelline on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Maybelline.
- TRESemmé, the #1 styling brand in the US, returns as the official hair care sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week for a seventh season.
- From a new location within the Event lobby at Lincoln Center to a brand new mobile site and an outdoor advertising campaign, the brand’s presence will be felt more than ever.
- TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist Jeanie Syfu will be creating show-stopping looks at the Charlotte Ronson, Tracy Reese and Rebecca Minkoff shows.
- The TRESemmé Salon and Lounge, from its new location, will be offering guests plenty of excitement including complimentary dry styling, free samples from the Fresh Start Dry Shampoo collection, a fun photo opportunity and more.
- Check out TRESemme.com and the brand’s Facebook, YouTube and Twitter pages for exclusive behind-the-scenes action straight from Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
W Hotels Worldwide
- W Hotels Worldwide is back for another season of its innovative, industry first initiative called Fashion Next, a program that fosters and supports emerging designers during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and beyond.
- This season, W Hotels has chosen six designers to be a part of Fashion Next – Electric Feathers, Michael Angel, Bibhu Mohapatra, Rochambeau, Nomia and Juan Carlos Obando.
- W Hotels will use the Box venue during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week to host the official presentations of these exciting young designers, each of which was handpicked by W Hotels’ newly appointed Global Fashion Director, Jenné Lombardo.
- In addition to partnering with W Hotels during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Fashion Next designers will have the opportunity to travel to W Hotels globally for exclusive trunk shows, design limited-edition pieces, and/or collaborate with W Hotels on other fashion projects throughout the season.
- In addition to the presentations, W will throw a private event celebrating all of the Fashion Next designers on September 12, 2011 from 8-10 pm in the Courtyard and the Box venues at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
- W Hotels is an innovative, contemporary, design-led lifestyle brand and the hotel category buster with 41 hotels and retreats in the most vibrant cities and exotic destinations around the world.
Fiber One Bars®
- Fiber One® Bars and Brownies are the Official Snack of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and this season’s must-have tasteful accessory.
- These stylish little snacks will be making a grand appearance at the Fiber One booth from September 8-13 in the lobby of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
- Fiber One 90 Calorie Chewy Bars and Brownies are high in fiber and taste delicious, making them the perfect portable snack to stash in your bag when you’re running from one designer show to the next.
- Celebrity style expert, Bobbie Thomas, has partnered with Fiber One to help launch the Great Taste Giveaway – learn more at www.FiberOne.com.
- We would love to hear about what hot, new fashion trends you love – especially when it comes to tasteful accessories. Visit our booth or join the conversation at www.Facebook.com/FiberOne.
- When you keep Fiber One Bars and Brownies in your bag, you’ve always got great taste at your fingertips!
- ideeli (www.ideeli.com), the online retailer specializing in limited-time sales, will bring the excitement of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week to its 4.5 million members by providing incredible "front row" access to the shows at Lincoln Center through:
- A week long Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week online “shop in shop” featuring curated daily sales from designers including Nicole Miller, Betsey Johnson, Perry Ellis, Tadashi Shoji, Badgley Mischka and more, on www.ideeli.com.
- Editorial coverage straight from Lincoln Center and the runways.
- Live runway updates on Twitter and special Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week features on Facebook, including giveaways and polls.
- The launch of #ideelStyle - ideeli’s new Twitter campaign focused on capturing the best street style. Kicking off at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2012 Collections, featured mavens will be rewarded on the spot with an ideeli gift card and a moment in the spotlight when their style is shared with ideeli’s thousands of Twitter followers.
- FIJI Water is proud to be the official bottled water of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. As some of the most revered designers send their creations down the runway this season, FIJI Water will be available throughout Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center whether it be front row at some of this season’s hottest shows or backstage. FIJI Water has long been a stylish and replenishing must-have for models, designers and attendees at New York’s most anticipated fashion shows and events.
- For the sixth season in a row, the winners of FIJI Water’s online contest are receiving the chance to intern at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Voted on by other FIJI Water fans, this season’s foursome will demonstrate their passion for fashion by acting as ambassadors for the FIJI Water brand, while getting first-hand experience in the fashion industry.
- FIJI Water loves keeping fashion’s finest hydrated. Please make sure to drop empty bottles in the bright blue recycle bins strategically placed throughout the Event. After all, recycling never goes out of style.
- To learn more about everything FIJI Water is doing during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week please visit www.fijiwater.com/mbfashionweek.
- AriZona Beverages, is honoring its roots as a family owned and operated New York based company and the #1 ready-to-drink tea in North America, as the Official Iced Tea and Energy Drink Sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
- AriZona is highlighting its recent international launch with presence in Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa through the universal language of Fashion.
- Fueling the trendsetting looks and innovations, Arizona will feature onsite taste collaborations with product offerings which include partners Arnold Palmer Enterprises, Oz Garcia PhD, and Coco Lopez as well as special limited edition tee shirts.
- AriZona will be offering a new “first” at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. The Event’s shuttle bus that offers transportation between on and offsite shows will be stocked with AriZona to keep guests hydrated.
- As part of AriZona Beverages’ commitment to lifestyle both during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and beyond it, you can find the AZ Artists Lounge at drinkarizona.com, which features collaborations with innovators in fashion, food, music, photography, sports, and art. It also features recipes from top chefs and mixologists with delicious suggestions from some of the AriZona products served onsite.
- The New York Times is celebrating Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week with a wide array of editorial and digital offerings designed to bring readers into all elements of the shows.
- The Fashion section online (http://www.nytimes.com/fashion) serves as a launching point for readers to find all that The Times is offering, with frequent in-depth show reviews by top critics, daily wrap-ups and behind-the-scenes coverage.
- In addition to the in-depth written and visual coverage of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week from The Times’s Fashion & Style section and T Magazine, readers can enjoy countless multimedia features online from photo slideshows and videos to interactive and social media components. Video features will include street fashion and the return of the “Morning T” interview series, which has a number of top-notch guests lined up.
- A runway player will showcase photos from 90 New York runway shows, as well as slide shows of backstage and party photos, and The Times’s comprehensive schedule of live stream opportunities.
- Throughout the week, On the Runway (runway.blogs.nytimes.com) and The Moment (tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com) will be offering the latest news and continuous updates from the runways, and Times editors and reporters will be posting updates on Twitter at @themoment @nytimesfashion, @CathyHorynNYT, @ericwilsonnyt and more.
- T Magazine will offer Facebook polls, trivia and quizzes to encourage readers to weigh in, and readers will be invited to submit their own photos of favorite looks, moments and more.
Title sponsor Mercedes-Benz is joined by DHL, American Express®, Maybelline New York, TRESemmé, W Hotels Worldwide, Fiber One® Bars, ideeli, FIJI Water, AriZona Beverages and Sherry-Lehmann Wine & Spirits as well as the following media outlets: The New York Times, Women's Wear Daily and Getty Images. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week features shows and presentations of over 95 designers. Over 100,000 guests will pass through Lincoln Center in eight days, as top international designers showcase what they have in store for Spring 2012.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is an IMG event.